Mangiami Italiano Review

Mangiami Italiano Review

Wylee Lopez, Staff Writer

When walking into a place so dazzling and comforting, with a great staff to greet their customers, a person just knows that the experience of that establishment will be one for the history books. Mangiami Italiano is certainly that place.

“This restaurant has been open for about nine years.” says Sam Vondra, a server at Mangiami Italiano. Vondra was incredibly nice and eager to discuss the restaurant on April 27, 2021. He said he was excited when he read what I wrote when making my reservation, which said that I was a high school reporter excited to review the restaurant, to which Sam thought that it was super sweet. He also shared some of his favorite dishes including the Fun Ghi, which consists of assorted mushrooms in a creamy mushroom sauce, while another favorite called the Pasta Rags includes torn sheets of fresh pasta with braised beef and crumbled gorgonzola cheese with a 3 cheese cream sauce baked to perfection.

We ordered the Traditional Caesar salad as well as a Wedge that consisted of balsamic, olive oil, gorgonzola cheese and garlic croutons. While eating our salads we were also served a wonderful Focaccia recipe inspired bread with olive oil. For our main course we ordered the 16oz steak special with twice baked sour cream and chive onion potatoes and the Alfredo pasta with chicken. As our main dishes arrived, my accompiant and I were stunned by the quality. It was delicious, the steak was extremely juicy and tender, and the potatoes were creamy. The alfredo was fantastic as the chicken just melted as I ate it, this dish was absolutely cooked to perfection.

“This business has been open for almost nine years since 2012, exactly nine years on October 3rd.” says restaurant owner, manager, and spectacular chef, Eric Webber. He was extremely kind and welcoming and had a wonderful conversation with us. Webber was inspired to open this restaurant by his love  of cooking and eating, especially Italian food, so when this spot came available he jumped right on the opportunity.   

The atmosphere was dazzling and the ambiance was spectacular, and would be a perfect place for a date night or anniversary. Everything was absolutely delightful including the music, surprisingly a Spotify playlist created by Sam called Cooking and Relaxing. I highly recommend that you check it out, and Sam would also consider it greatly appreciated. The playlist is considered to be easy listening music combined with some soft, classic jazz made up of musicians like Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr. 

As we finished up our meal, Vondra talked us into dessert. We ordered both the Tartufo and Panna Cotta. The Panna Cotta is a custard based dessert with a cherry caramel drizzle that is absolutely delicious. The Tartufo is a chocolate hazelnut shell over chocolate ice cream covered in chocolate syrup. Both dishes were exceptional. 

“The quality was absolutely fantastic! The food was really good, I didn’t quite know what to expect, but I was definitely pleased.” stated my guest, Wendy Black. 

Mangiami Italiano on 266 S Main St, in Fort Atkinson is the place to go, for a date or anniversary, a birthday, or even if you want to supply yourself with a wholesome atmosphere and amazing service.