Fort Interact Club Strives for a Better Tomorrow

FAHS Interact Club

The Fort Atkinson Interact Club has continued to help make changes during this pandemic.   This year the club has taken on local projects such as filling the Blessing Box here in town at the Methodist church and participating in the Feed Your Soul events that also take place every Thursday at the Methodist church.  Recently, the club has sponsored another international project in the Philippines.  The club donated $1500 to the WALK program in the Philippines which helps pay for prosthetics to those who are unable to afford them.  The club helped pay for the prosthetic leg of a local fisherman and donated to the local fire station for communication equipment and other supplies.  

The Club is beginning to prepare for its Operation Pollination community project at Fort Atkinson High School.  In this project, the club will designate specific areas at the high school to help promote various pollinators including bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.  The club hopes to later expand this project to target other schools, parks, or businesses in the local community. 

The Fort Atkinson High School Interact Club is a group of students that meet once a month at the Fort Atkinson High School. They use leadership skills to help their community and beyond.  The 2020-2021 officer team includes Co-Presidents Eli Koehler (senior) and Sarah Mepham (senior), Vice President Brooke Leibman (senior), Secretary Emma Jahn (junior), Treasurer Logan Hamele (senior), and advisors Jim Nelson and Lori Warren.