Sleep, Snooze, Repeat

FAHS Students Adjust to Virtual Learning

Quinn Abbott, Staff Writer

What is your prefered method of schooling?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

FortAtkinson students have different methods when it comes to waking up in the morning. Some hit the snooze button while others get out of bed right away.

“Getting up in the morning is a struggle,” High school junior, Brooke Harlfinger, explains. Waking up early to get ready for in-person school is a struggle for many. When completing online school, students were able to wake up late without the hassle of getting ready in the morning. 

The 2020-2021 school year has challenged students to constantly form new morning routines. Between the ever-changing schedules and the switching back in the fourth form in-person to online, students have found it difficult to find a balance between the two different times. Getting up earlier for in-person schooling has proved difficult for many students.

“I wake up much later for online school than I do for in-person school,” states high school junior, Abbey Hoffman. Waking up and getting fully ready for the day presents an old habit with new struggles. Over the course of quarantine, students were getting an extra hour of sleep with online classes. Now switching back to in-person classes, students have to get up much earlier than they were prior. 

“I wake up at 6:00 for in-person classes while I sleep in until 7:30 for online classes,” claims Harlfinger. This is the case for many students as we switch from fully virtual classes to cohorts. Now, as we bring students back in-person full-time, this has changed to waking up early every morning. 

“I hit the snooze button at least two times per morning before getting out of bed,” states Hoffman. While many things have changed with the transition of in-person and virtual classes, the reaction of hitting the snooze button still remains. 

Quinn Abbott

Signal Staff Writer